Torrie McAfee, Superintendent/Manager
The Township Superintendent is the Chief Administrative Officer of the Township and manages day-to-day operations. The Superintendent supervise all departments within the township and attends all regular meetings of the Township Board. The Superintendent is the only employee of the Township Board and reports to the Board regarding the administration of the Township. The duties, authority and responsibilities of the Supervisor has been delegated to the Superintendent which includes, but not limited to the following:
- To be the Chief Administrative Officer of the Township and shall be responsible and report to only the Township Board.
- To direct and supervise all Township Departments unless separate supervision for a department is provided by this chapter or another duly adopted ordinance of the Township. The Manager shall be responsible for all human resource matters or delegate such duties to some other Township officer or employee.
- To see that all laws and Township ordinances are enforced.
- To manage and supervise all public improvements, works and undertakings of the Township.
- To have charge of the construction, repair, maintenance, lighting and cleaning of streets, sidewalks, bike paths, bridges, pavements, sewers and all the public buildings or other property belonging to the Township.
- To manage and supervise the operation of all Township utilities.
- To be responsible for the preservation of property, tools and appliances of the Township.
- To see that all terms and conditions imposed in favor of the Township or its inhabitants in any public utility franchise or in any contract are faithfully kept and performed.
- To attend all meetings of the Township Board, with the right to take part in discussions, but without the right to vote.
- To be a member, ex officio, of all committees of the Township Board.
- To prepare and administer the annual budget under policies formulated by the Township Board and to keep the Board fully advised at all times as to the financial conditions and needs of the Township.
- To recommend to the Township Board for adoption such measures as may be deemed necessary or expedient.
- To be responsible to the Township Board for the efficient administration of all departments of the Township government
- To act as the purchasing agent for the Township or to delegate such duties to some other Township officer or employee.
- To conduct all sales of personal property which the Township Board may authorize to be sold.
- To submit regular reports to the Township Board.
- To perform such other duties as may be prescribed by this act or required of the Manager by ordinance or by direction of the Township Board, or which are not assigned to some other official in conformity with the provisions of the Charter Township Act.