Sparkle K. Ruffin, Treasurer
Sparkle By statute, the treasurer is required to receive and take charge of all funds belonging to the township or which are required by law to be paid into the township treasury, and to pay over and account for the funds according to law or township board election. The treasurer is the township’s agent for collecting taxes.
It is very important that the township treasurer diligently maintain accurate records of all income, receipts and disbursements, promptly deposit all receipts in the township depository or depositories and invest idle funds in proper savings accounts or government bonds.
Financial records, accounts and procedures must be audited annually by a certified public accountant selected by the township. A copy of the audit report must be filed with the state treasurer within 120 days after the end of the fiscal year, subject to a 60-day maximum extension by the state treasurer upon a reasonable request. (MCL 141.427)
It is the desired plan of Buena Vista Township Treasurer to execute these duties in an efficient and effective manner with honesty and integrity according to state legislature. The link below provides current tax bill information. If you should have any questions please do not hesitate to call the Treasurer Department at (989) 754-6536 ext. 2325
Tax Bill Search
Summer Tax Season begins July 1 and ends September 14 without penalties or interest.
- Winter Tax Season begins December 1 and ends February 14 without penalties or interest.
- Last date to pay (real) property tax at the township is February 28 for both summer and winter.
- Personal Property taxes are collected all year long at the township.
- March 1 all real property taxes are sent over to Saginaw County Treasurer’s Department as delinquent.
- All Deferments must be received no later than September 15 for consideration.